3D-Bioplotter® Starter Series
The 3D-Bioplotter® System is a versatile rapid prototyping tool for processing a great variety of biomaterials for computer-aided tissue engineering (CATE), from 3D CAD models and patient CT data to the physical 3D scaffold with a designed and defined outer form and an open inner structure. The 3D-Bioplotter® has the capacity of fabricating scaffolds using the widest range of materials of any singular rapid prototyping machine, from soft hydrogels over polymer melts up to hard ceramics and metals. Complex inner patterns can easily be designed using the 3D-Bioplotter® software to control the mechanical properties, increase cell adhesion, as well as improve the flow of nutrient media throughout the interconnecting pores of the printed implants.
- Designed for research groups new to the field of tissue engineering with few requirements in parallel material processing and automation.
- Consisting of the same basic hardware and software as the Manufacturer & Developer Series, but lacking modular capability and platform temperature control.
- Not upgradable to the same capability of the Developer or Manufacturer Series.
A simple process: A liquid, melt, paste or gel is dispensed from a material cartridge through a needle tip from a 3-axis system to create a 3D object.
One single requirement: The material to be used must, through a physical or chemical reaction, solidify.
A world of possibilities: The widest range of materials of any 3D printing technology can be processed.
Platform Temperature Control
Head Temperature Range
High: 30° - 250°C (86° - 482°F)
No. of Heads Included
Tool Changer Type
Fixed Side-By-Side Tools
3-30 ml (0.1 - 1.0 fl oz)
Other Usable Modules
Platform Height Control
External Temp. Ports
Build Volume (XYZ)
150 x 150 x 140 mm (5.91” x 5.91” x 5.51”)
0.1 - 150 mm/s (0.004” - 5.91”/s)
Minimum Strand Diameter
0.100 mm (0.004”) - Material Dependent
Axis Resolution (XYZ)
0.001 mm (0.00004”)
- A new user management allows users to both share projects, materials and patterns, as well as have their own separate set of files for improved overview and security.
- Input of outer shapes through STL files.
- Multi-part and multi-material capable through the use of an automatic tool changer and multiple print heads.
- Generation of volume support structures for complex shapes.
- Database of inner patterns (user-editable) in the controlling software, avoiding requiring patterns in the STL files.
- Complex inner pattern with straight lines, zig-zag shapes and wave forms as well as hexagon shapes, including shift functions for “in between the lines” printing
- Database of materials (user-editable) with all process parameters.
- Material lifetime control to avoid scaffold fabrication with degraded materials.
- Complete control of all printing parameters (temperature, pressure, speed, etc) through the software.
- Improved surface finish of fabricated parts using randomized start position in outer contours.
- 2D Dot-Printing (Biopatterning) capability
- High-Temperature Print Head: 30° - 250°C (86° - 482°F) with reusable stainless steel cartridges.
- Needle cleaning station, with automatic cleaning before and during the print project available.
- Luer Lock needle tips, 0.1mm to 1.0mm inner diameter available.
- LOG file creation after project completion with all relevant data.
- Footprint (L x W x H): 836 x 623 x 773 mm (32.9 x 24.5 x 30.4 in.)
- Weight: About 90 kg (198 lbs)